Neuro Splinting for Function
This course is open to qualified occupational therapists who have basic splinting skills and want to develop those skills further with the fabrication of functional splints
From: Fri 10 May 2024
To: Sat 11 May 2024
By the end of the course you will have increased knowledge and skills in the assessment and fabrication of splints using a range of splinting materials
Sessions will focus on:
· The theoretical basis and clinical reasoning underpinning the provision of splints for patients with neurological conditions.
· Exploration of the current evidence base for the use of functional splints
· The design and fabrication of functional splints (such as typing, cutlery, writing)
· Consolidation of knowledge and skills gained through group discussion and video case studies
Participants will be provide with a pack of instructions and patterns of the functional splints made on the day to take away
Cost: £200 for two half days - includes the costs of materials used in practical sessions
Please note that a refund will be issued only on cancellations made 4 weeks prior the course date.
Please contact Alkida Domi on 020344 83476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place or for further information.
- Tutor: Therapy Team
- Contact: Elisa Lombardozzi
- Tel: 02034483557
- Email: email@example.com
- National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery
- 33 Queen Square, London
- WC1N 3BG