Introduction to Physiotherapy in Neurological Practice -17-18th March 2017
Target Audience: Only open to Qualified Physiotherapists who have less than 18 months experience in a neurological setting and want an introductory level course in neurology.
An interactive course to increase knowledge and skills in the assessment and treatment of patients with neurological conditions. Sessions will be both theoretical and practical, focusing on:
• Treatment approaches for physical impairments impacting on function, including neuro-anatomy and neuro-plasticity.
• Goal setting and the use of outcome measures.
• The importance of postural control and balance and their impact on function.
• Assessment and rehabilitation of gait.
• Appropriate seating and positioning, including an introduction to spasticity management.
• Core assessment and handling skills to enhance movement and function.
• Upper limb assessment and treatment approaches through practical workshops and video case studies.
*Early application is advised as places are limited*
COST: £150 for 2 days
|Application form for Introduction to Physiotherapy in Neurological Practice||750 KB|
|Draft Programme for Introduction to Physiotherapy in Neurological Practice Course 17-18th March 2017||198.59 KB|
Introduction to Physiotherapy in Neurological Practice
Target Audience: Only open to Qualified Physiotherapists who have less than 18 months experience in a neurological setting and want an introducto